SOLUTIONS provides and/or oversees the provision of EAP and other services to over 45 employers and 50,000 employees. Network providers are located in nearly 20 states and in over 75 Indiana cities. Our previous experience and hands-on approach make SOLUTIONS the provider best able to help manage employer behavioral healthcare benefits and assist with cost containment or reduction.
SOLUTIONS is a service of Centerstone, a private not-for-profit organization which has provided behavioral healthcare services for over 50 years. Centerstone is accredited the Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and is licensed by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and the State Board of Health. The organization has received a number of national awards for its excellent programming and service delivery. It has service locations in 17 southern and central counties in Indiana and 21 counties in middle Tennessee.
Click below for answers to your questions about SOLUTIONS and its services for employers.
- What is the mission of SOLUTIONS?
- What are specific elements of a SOLUTIONS Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
- Why have an EAP?
- How does SOLUTIONS help employers improve productivity?
- Why should SOLUTIONS be an employer’s choice for behavioral healthcare management services?
- What are the service standards for SOLUTIONS EAP?
- Contact Mark A. Uebel, SOLUTIONS Benefits Consultant
What is the mission of SOLUTIONS?
The primary mission of SOLUTIONS is to assist employers to manage risk in a very cost-effective manner. Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) manage human capital risk through reducing the problems that keep employees from being productive at work.
Risk management also takes place through the provision of benefits consultation, utilization management, corporate training, and establishing and overseeing quality provider networks. SOLUTIONS also offers these services in addition to our EAP.
- EAP visits for employees/dependents – including a telephonic option
- Emergency services
- Manager/Supervisor support
- Orientation of employees to the EAP
- Supervisory Training
- Monthly promotional materials to inform employees of the availability of the EAP
- Continued benefits consultation
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Training for employees/supervisory personnel related to utilization issues
- Provider Networks
Why should an employer consider an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
Mental health conditions are the number one health-related reason for lost productivity and the number two reason for absenteeism according to an Institute of Health and Productivity Management study. Mental health disorders account for a large number of annual office visits to the doctor’s office.
According to Sean Sullivan, President and CEO Institute for Health and Productivity, “If more employers established programs to deal with mental health issues, they would be able to reduce their overall health-related company costs while also increasing productivity.”
How does SOLUTIONS help employers improve productivity?
A healthy employee is a productive employee. It is estimated that 20% of a workforce at any one time is experiencing personal problems. At times, the problem is so great that an employee’s productivity is impacted. Absenteeism can increase as well as the risk of worker’s compensation or disability claims. In many instances the significance of a negative impact at work is diminished with the assistance of family, friends, or church. However there are other situations when professional assistance is needed to resolve the issue.
A little bit of assistance at the right time can have a great positive impact. A properly promoted EAP which offers easy and immediate access heightens employee awareness and utilization of the program. This enables the employee or dependent to regain control of his or her life.
- High standard of quality behavioral healthcare for your employees.
- Manager/supervisor support and training
- Orientation to the EAP for employees
- Promotional materials
- Benefits consultation
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
Solutions maintains a high standard of quality behavioral healthcare for your employees.
We get to know you and your business to best respond to your special needs. We can tailor services for your specific situation. Features of our managed behavioral healthcare program include:
- Licensed or certified professional staff
- A network of affiliated service providers who meet licensing requirements and network standards
- Accredited services through CARF
- Services licensed by the Division of Mental Health and the State Board of Health
- 24-hour emergency services
- Toll-free number
- Philosophy of cost-effective treatment alternatives
- Ability to offer complete continuum of care when indicated
- Multi-county, multi-state provider network available
- Accessibility and face-to-face contact provided
- Appointment times offered within three working days
- Crisis referrals assessed within the same working day
SOLUTIONS provides manager/supervisor support and training
SOLUTIONS conducts training to help managers and supervisors with the early recognition of problems that impact an employee and his/her job performance. These personal problems may involve the employee or his/her family, and the supervisor is urged to encourage the person to contact the EAP. Each supervisor receives a copy of a Supervisor’s Guide. Ongoing consultation is also provided for management and supervisory staff by EAP professionals when difficult personnel issues arise.
SOLUTIONS provides an orientation to the EAP for employees
SOLUTIONS will provide orientation sessions for employees and letters to residences for dependents, so that all become familiar with the specific benefit being provided by the employer. The voluntary, professional, and confidential nature of the service is emphasized. Cards and an EAP brochure are provided to the employee.
SOLUTIONS provides promotional materials
Promotional materials such as posters, flyers, envelope enclosures, and EAP cards will be made available so that the telephone number is available for easy access when problems arise or there is difficulty coping. Promotion takes place on a monthly basis.
SOLUTIONS provides benefits consultation
Regular consultation is provided with Human Resource management regarding the contract, the services being provided, feedback on consumer satisfaction and regular written utilization reports. Suggestions are made for the improvement of worker productivity and cost containment as well.
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
Whenever a traumatic workplace incident takes place involving an employee(s), counselors trained in providing stress debriefing are available to meet with the impacted employee(s) and management.
A critical incident stress debriefing should be conducted by a licensed mental health professional trained in critical incident stress management. An average debriefing takes 2 ½ to 3 hours and should occur between 24 and 72 hours after an event, although it is better to do one at any point than not to do one at all.
Most of the critical incidents to which SOLUTIONS has been asked to respond have involved an employee injury or death on the job. When a company has an EAP in place, it is like having emergency behavioral health services on retainer. It allows them to respond quickly to aid the many people a critical incident touches. Critical incident stress counselors can be available on location to help employees through the crisis and to help coach supervisors and human resource managers in responding to employees enduring this type of stress.
A debriefing allows the participants to process their experiences and to understand what they can anticipate in the aftermath of the event. It provides a way for people to “normalize” the event, letting them know what are normal reactions to an abnormal situation, and how to cope.
What are the service standards for SOLUTIONS Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
SOLUTIONS recognizes its commitment to provide the highest quality of services and will adhere to the following standards:
- All phone calls will be answered promptly with the assurance that all requests are handled in a friendly and professional manner.
- Appointments for routine referrals will be offered within three working days.
- Crisis referrals will be assessed the same day.
- Clinical providers of services will be appropriately credentialed, privileged, licensed and certified.
- Assessments/evaluations will be face-to-face.
- Referrals to treatment resources will be sensitive to the needs of the employee/dependent, clinically and financially
- A working knowledge of referral sources will be maintained, and the SOLUTIONS staff will facilitate referral to the most appropriate resource.
- Every client will be given the opportunity to provide satisfaction feedback on services received.